Gene Explorer Applet
If this applet does not load properly, you may need to get the latest version of java.
Java is available free from this link.
- Click the top strand of DNA to select a base
- Move right with Right-arrow
- Move left with Left-arrow
- Delete a base with the Delete Key.
- Insert a base with AGCT.
- Replace a base with agct.
The Gene Explorer Applet can be customized by setting up your own web page.
You can change the following parameters:
For details, click here.
- The starting DNA sequence.
- Simulate an eukaryotic or a prokaryotic gene.
- Promoter, terminator, poly A Tail, and splice site signal sequences.
- Enable printing of the DNA, RNA, and protein sequences.
A web page containing a print-enabled version of the applet can be found
This page created and maintained by Brian White.
The Biology 111/112 Home Page