The Gene Explorer Applet
General Notes for running Genex:
- If this applet does not load properly, you may need to get the latest version of java.
Java is available free from this link.
- You should allow printing from this applet or it will not display properly.
Important printing notice for Windows users:
If you are using a PC with Windows, Genex will display the gene properly on the screen
but it will not print properly - the DNA and RNA bases get 'squashed'. If this happens,
using the "Print in B & W" button will result in a more readable printout.
- Click the top strand of DNA to select a base
- Move right with +
- Move left with -
- Delete a base with the Delete Key.
- Insert a base with AGCT.
- Replace a base with agct.
This page created and maintained by Brian White.
The Biology 111/112 Home Page