- Draw your molecule
When you are ready, click the "Calculate logP and formula"
button to have jlogP calculate the logp value and formula of your molecule.
- Draw the skeleton of the molecule by using the horizontal line button
- it can be found directly below the "CLR" button - this adds C atoms.
- Alternatively, you can use the ring buttons.
- Any carbon atom you add can be changed to any other atom
- To change a C to another atom, click on the element's symbol in the
left column, then click on the atom you want to change.
- To change a bond from double to single (and vice-versa), click on
the horizontal line and then click on the bond you want to change.
- To delete an atom, click the "DEL" button and then click on the
atom you want to delete.
- To undo a mistake, click the "UDO" button.
- To change the charge on an atom, click the "+/-" button and click
the atom whose charge you want to change.
- To clear your molecule and start over, click the "CLR" button.
Your results will appear in a box below the panel where you drew the structure.
- After you have submitted your molecule, you will still be able to
- Note that you must hit the "Calculate" button to update
the calculations if you change your molecule.